Procrastination, don’t we all do this at one point or another? I’m sure we have all heard the saying over and over “we only have one life live it” this is true, do it now! life doesn’t have a promise that you’ll wake up every day and get another chance, nor does it even give us a promise we’ll be alive in the next few minutes (ouch) sorry that was blunt but it’s true.
Every day is a non-refundable gift from God. They’re many scriptures in the Bible about procrastination and the damage it can do to all of us at one point or another and how it affects the ones around us in our daily lives. Sure we all have a day where we just don’t feel like doing anything but set on the couch and watch tv but there should be a balance in this behavior, everyone deserves a day off so don’t feel guilty about these days, enjoy them and move on from there.
“Procrastination is like a credit card, it’s all fun and games avoiding things you need to do until you get the bill”
Here are some tips that can help you get off the couch, get on the ball and get things done that may have been in need of doing or finishing for possibly even years and when you get some of these things done you’ve been procrastinating about (even if it’s just a little at a time) its a ton of weight off your shoulders and your on your way to living a better life.
- Write a to-do list
- Take each project one at a time and do it until it’s finished
- As you do each project take joy and satisfaction in checking it off your list.
- Make friends that have some of the same goals as you do
- Don’t stress over it too much (remember one at a time)
- Saying you don’t have time to do something may be true, set a time and deadline to do it.
- If your task seems overwhelming then take a timeout, re-group yourself for a bit but don’t put it off
- Put on your favorite music (preferably something that gets you motivated, such as dance mix) make cleaning your basement, house or garage a fun experience all the while getting rid of old things you’ll never use again out or get it ready for a yard sale.
- Make projects a fun family experience
- If your project requires a lot of physical activity combine this with your workout routine.
- Be positive, get the whole family involved, make something that might seem like hard work a fun experience.
- In the end, it all boils down to not putting it off and making it happen.
Wow, look at you!! everything on your list is finished (congratulations) you can relax set back and feel accomplished, satisfied and at peace with yourself knowing you’ve accomplished everything on your list (great job) now you can take that little vacation and reward yourself.
Don’t wait, Today is the Day!!