As many of you may know dating these days are like night and day to what it used to be. Gone are the days when men left calling cards, their friends set them up on blind dates or you dressed up and went to a night club. Or if you were lucky there would be a singles dance and a chance to meet a potential suitor last but not least your parents set you up with someone.
Many go in search of love online for many reasons and anything your heart desires including lusty fantasies all at your fingertips nowadays. So whatever you choose just be happy, safe and have fun.
What has become popular is what’s called speed dating, I’d think it frustrating to set across from a total stranger and be asked personal questions one after another and be sent on my merry way to the next person only to find it may be an even worse grueling that the last person. No offense here it just seems to me to be frustrating, to say the least, but take a look at what some others had to endure a little over a hundred years ago like teachers, for instance, I found this interesting.
Here are a few rules for teachers back in-1872
- The male teachers were only allowed one evening a week for courting purposes and two nights per week if they attended church regularly
- Woman teachers who got married or engaged in improper conduct would be dismissed immediately
- any teacher caught alone with a male other than male family members were brought to the school board and the teacher was most likely dismissed
- Woman teachers were not allowed to be alone such as walking down the street and attending such places where she would be accused of improper conduct.
Certainly quite different nowadays as it was back then. Today we can set in the comfort of our home in our pajamas if we choose to and browse through hundreds of people who might catch you eye.
Safety is a concern both men or woman face so what can you do to protect yourself and know it is really the person you are talking to is real or not.
Here are some tips to protect yourself
- Read up on the latest scam’s, it’s worth it some people are very good actors online but in reality, they could have criminal records, they could be married or simply not who they say they are.
- Do not share too much information, don’t let anyone know where you live. Perhaps the date went badly, you don’t want this person driving by your home or showing up in various places you have told them you frequent.
- It’s better to meet for lunch dinner or other activities that would require being in public.
- beware of someone who says they love you after 1 date
- Keep an eye out for the person who wants to get serious after only 2 weeks of dating, this could be a sign that he/she is hiding something and they want you to fall for them before you find out this person is a total fake or involved in criminal activities so on and so forth.
Indeed you can find true love online, there have been hundreds of people who have met online and have a long term successful relationships and many that have resulted in marriage. Just be safe and have fun, good luck in love from my heart to yours.