Don’t we all at times need some cheering up?
Well if you never find yourself needing to be cheered up, then good for you. You may already be someone who has that secret to a happier more cheerful life and all this world has to offer, but for those who might need that encouragement to cheer up from time to time, these tips might help you get back on your feet again and have the great day you’re entitled to.
1. As soon as you wake up try and think of a positive thing to start your day out. This may be (if you’re a working person) saying to yourself, “Today is going to be a great day. I’m going to smile more today and do positive things in and around my co-workers and work place.” This may include stopping by the doughnut shop on your way to work, picking up a couple of dozen doughnuts and bringing them into the workplace with a smile on your face saying, “Good morning!” to everyone passing by. If this is an option, then that’s a start.
2. Get a routine and try and stick to it. You’ll be surprised how this will help
3. If weather and environment permits, commit to a daily walk to the park everyday first thing in the morning. You may find yourself meeting new people, and you never know, maybe a nice friend who can eventually share that morning walk with you.
4. If you find you’re commonly waking up to racing thoughts in your head (while some might be positive and some gloomy) throw out those gloomy thoughts and hold on to a positive thought. Take a positive and concentrate on it. As you do this more often circling yourself with more positive thoughts. In time this practice will help you create a more positive vibration attracting more positivity and may help you throw out some of those negative thoughts.
5. Exercise is one of the best ways to release what’s called the “Happy Hormone.” There are three major hormones that are responsible for happiness. These three hormones are called endorphins, serotonin and dopamine. For example, getting a little exercise or a bit of sun can greatly increase your mood.
6. Do you have a Friend you haven’t called in awhile? Give him, or her, a call. Don’t be the person who says to yourself, “Well, this person hasn’t called me in awhile, so I’m not calling them.” It could be this person has lost your number or has been very sick. Whatever the circumstances may be, give them a call. I’m betting they will be happy to hear from you.
7. Make your favorite coffee. Sit in your favorite chair and write a nice email, or text a few friends a “Good morning. How are you?” text. You’ll be happy to see who responds.
8. A friend once told me he does this exercise every morning in the mirror: He stands there and says, “I’m Happy!” three times, all the while still watching himself in the mirror. It reminds me, no matter how silly I look doing it, or how annoyed I am doing it, he says, “I guarantee you’ll be laughing by the third time.” So I tried it. He was right. I looked so silly by the third time I was annoyed and saying to myself “This is so stupid.” But he was right, I was smiling and even laughing at myself. There goes a happy hormone release right there, ha-ha.
9. Do you have a “Happy Song?” Play that first thing in the morning.
10. Last, but not least, make a mental note, and give thanks to what life has given you. Whether it be you’re having been blessed with good health, or the fact that all your loved ones may be safe. Happy and in good health is enough to cheer you up and make it a bright and happy day.
I truly hope some of these tips I have given can help you on your Journey to having some of the best cheerful days yet.
Love and Blessings to all who read this today.