The importance of friendship has a lot more value than one might think, for instance, things in life come and go but your friends are there for you through thick and thin, break-ups, divorces and the occasional crisis we all face in life. These friends sometimes “more like family” to you are there for you always, so when you find one of these friends who are loyal, trustworthy and your both there for each in good times or bad then this person’s presence in your life is an immeasurably precious gift.
Have you had friends come and go? have you lost contact with them and wish you hadn’t? I’m sure we’ve all had this happen at one point or the other but it may be easier now that we live in an age where contacting and keeping in touch with friends is much easier than it used to be with all the social media, email and texting.
If you want better friendships that will last a lifetime here are some tips that will keep that bond of friendship lasting a lifetime.
- Have fun and make memories that will last a lifetime
- Each one of your friends has a unique personality if they’re feeling down try and get to know them so when you see they’re feeling down and they want to talk to you about it, you will be able to say the right things to try and help them feel better.
- Don’t judge when your friends make a decision that might not be the best, just be supportive.
- You help them face their fears
- Always have their back
- Let your friends know how wonderful they are and how happy you are to have them in your life, appreciation goes a long way.
- Let them know life is better with them in it.
- If there happens to be a little argument, get over it, life is short move on and forgive.
- Have empathy
- Always be honest
- Be trustworthy
- Don’t ditch your friends when you get into a relationship
- Be genuinely happy for your friend’s successes and by all means be supportive and encouraging.
- Don’t expect too much from your friends
- Try and keep any drama down to a minimum, drama has its place but not at a friend’s birthday party or other places you may attend together
- if your friend is in any danger try and do the best you can to help.
- No matter what time of the day or night let them know you are there for them, even if it happens to be a 3:00 am phone call, you may need the favor returned one day yourself.
- Never Gossip behind a friend’s back, of you have something to say discuss it with your friend, not with other friends, imagine the situation turned around you’d most definitely be hurt by it.
- If a secret is told, keep the secret to yourself. Only tell a secret if your friend is planning on doing any harm to herself or anyone else
- If a compliment is due be sure to let your friend know that her new dress or maybe a new hairstyle is looking great.
Try and set some time out of your busy schedule for your friends maybe try and plan something fun that both of you will enjoy. If that’s not possible set some time aside for a phone call so you can catch up on the latest things going on in each other’s lives. Let them know you care and love having them in your life.