In my lifetime I was taught at a very early age to “Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you” Dad wasn’t much about preaching religion rather he left that up to Mom, but I can remember Dad always teaching me right from wrong and it stuck, as strict as he may have been, I didn’t turn out all that bad.
I practiced daily what I was taught, even to the point where I’d pick something up off the ground thinking if I don’t pick this up someone will fall and break something “Wouldn’t I want someone to do the same for me? sure I would.
You could call this thoughtful, courteous or just doing what you think is right in your heart but either way, you look at it, it can’t be a bad practice. I do try and find nice thoughtful things to do and say each day, whether it be something written nicely on social media, giving condolences to someone who just lost a loved one or even a family pet, passing someone by in a grocery store and lending a smile.
Every little gesture helps and a little more kindness can’t hurt to be spread around in this world. There I don’t ever expect my kindness or the things I do every day to come back to me but I have learned what you give in this world comes back to you someday in many forms.
Have you ever put yourself in someone else’s shoes, possibly you went to judge that person and then caught yourself and thought, what if that is me someday? or maybe God forbid my own child. Some things come with maturity and the wisdom of life, I myself have been humbled through the years and find I’m less judgemental as I used to be, I’d like to think I’m a better person with age and wisdom, I don’t think I’d like to be 15 again, I like who I am today.
Some things come with maturity and along with that comes wisdom. I myself have been humbled through the years and find I’m much less judgemental as I used to be. I’d like to think I’m a better person with age and wisdom, I don’t think I’d like to be 15 again, I like who I am today.
If you would like some examples of kindness I have composed a list of things you can do to make the world a little better and brighten someone else’s day and in turn, It may come back to you or someone you love.
- Something I have been seeing lately are rocks randomly set out in various places and on these rocks are possitive notes or scriptures painted on them and to those who found them are instructed carry it with them to leave in another spot for someone else.
- Get a group of friends together and do an act of kindness challenge, see who can do the nicest things for someone. set a goal and see who’s the winner. How is fun that?
- Offering to help someone move
- Hold a door open for people
- let someone else go in front of you in the grocery store or possibly somewhere else such as a family with children and the parents are looking a bit weary, it won’t hurt to let them go ahead of you.
- Do some volunteer work
- Offer to take an elderly dogs pet for a walk once in awhile.
- Send or make someone a get well card
- if you see someone looking for change in their pocket, they may not have enough to pay for their purchase, give them some change.
- set up a lemonade stand and donate some of the profits.
- Ask your local library if they need anyone to read stories a couple of times a week, families with small children are always looking for activities for their children especially in the summertime.
These are just a few things you can do to brighten someone’s day and your own. Go out there and make this world a better place with your kindness but heres the catch, if your trying to give away kindness you won’t be able to because it has a way of always comeing back to you, I hope you smiled that that one!
God Bless and Take care!